I am thrilled that my first report to you is one with positive news in regards to investment performance. This report is for the second quarter of 2017, which ended on June 30th. The Common Fund outperformed the indices at every investment allocation for the second quarter; to download the Quarterly Account Summary report, please click here.
We continue to work with our investment manager and partner, TIAA Kaspick, to bring you quality investment performance at the lowest possible cost. You'll see all major equity segments in each of the portfolios have had a very good year; this reflects what we have seen in the press. I was reminded recently that Bull Markets do not die of old age, so as some investors start to fear a market fall, please remember to stay focused on the long-term view in our portfolios.
Key drivers of our performance in second quarter were as follows:
- Global equity markets continued their positive momentum- we have exposure to both emerging markets and developed international markets.
- Large Cap Stocks continued to outpace smaller stocks.
- In our portfolios T. Rowe Price did really well combined with the performance of our fixed income managers and our international REIT manager.
- Growth stocks outpaced value stocks.
- Oil prices remained volatile and oversupply concerns drug oil down to -15.7% for the year-to-date. Telecommunications also lagged -7.0% for second quarter.
I look forward to meeting all of you as our paths cross in the near future. As always if you have any questions, please reach out to us at 888-722-7923 or email me. Laura, Kara and I stand ready to help and we look forward to helping your church, ministry and congregation in increased ways as we move forward. I hope all of you enjoy the rest of your summer and God bless.